Personal Data Protection Information Notice
Updated in September 2022
The Higher Education for Good Foundation and its service provider Bluenove are dedicated to the respect for private life and personal data protection.
This information notice sets forth the undertakings and measures implemented to ensure the respect of personal data in the context of this collaborative approach.
WHAT PERSONAL DATA IS COLLECTED?
Personal data is information enabling an individual to be directly or indirectly identified (for example: a surname, a photo, a postal address, an email address, a telephone number, an IT login, etc.)
We limit the nature of the personal data collected insofar as is possible. The data categories that we use are the following:
- Registration data: your first name, your surname, and an email address (if you consent to share your contact information along the consultation),
- Your Login data (your IP address, your login and use logs, as well as your cookie management preferences on the website) are anonymous.
We advise you not to publish data pertaining to your private life or any sensitive data (political and philosophical opinions, trade union affiliation, information on your health, sexual orientation, religious beliefs, etc.) on the website.
If you do not wish to be identified, we recommend that you participate under a username or a pseudonym, that you do not display a photo of your face and that you do not provide links to your personal social network accounts or any element that could enable you to be identified.
WHY DO WE COLLECT YOUR PERSONAL DATA?
We only collect the data necessary for the use of the website and the collaborative approach. Your data will not be the subject of any commercial use by a third party, nor any transmission or transfer to anyone for commercial or prospecting purposes.
We use your data in order to:
- enable you to register on the website and have access to its various functionalities,
- ensure the management of your account and the authentication procedures (modification of your username, deletion of your account, resetting of passwords, etc.),
- collect and analyse your contributions, reactions or votes,
- produce anonymous participation statistics,
- send messages or information pertaining to the participative approach,
- process any eventual requests, remarks or complaints made on our website.
Your data is collected based on the consent given upon your first login to the website.
FOR HOW LONG IS YOUR DATA RETAINED?
Your personal data is retained for one year as from the start of the collaborative approach.
Registration and login data is retained for the duration of your registration on the website, unless you delete your account before the end of the collaborative approach.
It will no longer be possible for you to modify your contributions at the end of the participation phase. If you delete your account, your contributions will appear under the pseudonym “deleted user”.
After these periods, the personal data that we collect may be anonymised for statistical purposes.
WHO ARE THE RECIPIENTS OF YOUR PERSONAL DATA?
Your personal data is intended only for the authorised staff of Bluenove, i.e., 5 people, as well as their technical subcontractors:
- Scaleway for data hosting
- Cloudflare for website security
We have also implemented appropriate internal technical and organisational measures in order to preserve the security and the confidentiality of your data and notably to protect it against any unauthorised access, use or disclosure:
- your data is hosted in a private, encrypted database,
- our data storage systems can only be accessed by a restricted number of authorised people,
- our employees are informed about personal data protection,
- we regularly perform security tests on our solutions.
WHO ARE THE CONTROLLERS OF YOUR PERSONAL DATA?
The Higher Education for Good Foundation and its service provider Bluenove jointly carry out the processing of your personal data.
The Higher Education for Good Foundation is the partner of the collaborative approach and the data controller:
- Alice Guilhon, Chairperson of the Higher Education for Good Foundation, with head office is located at Route de Chêne 30, c/o Jean Blaise Eckert, avocat, 1208 Genève (Switzerland), that you can contact at [email protected]
- The Higher Education for Good Foundation’s data protection officer can be contacted at the following address: [email protected]
Bluenove is the website provider and the data processor:
- Martin DUVAL, representative of the company Bluenove, whose registered office is located at 112 Ter Rue Cardinet 75017 Paris, can be contacted at [email protected]
- Bluenove’s data protection officer can be contacted at the following address: [email protected]
WHAT ARE YOUR RIGHTS?
You will find a brief description of these rights hereinafter as well as the terms of their implementation:
- Right of access: you can obtain information regarding the processing of your personal data as well as a copy of said personal data,
- Right to rectify: if you believe that your personal data is inaccurate or incomplete, you can request the rectification thereof,
- Right to object: you can object to the processing of your personal data for reasons relating to your particular situation,
- Right to delete: you can obtain the early deletion of your data by making your desire to withdraw your consent known or by invoking your right to object to processing,
- Right to data portability: you have the right to receive the personal data that you have provided us with, in order to transfer it to the third party of your choice, upon your request and wherever technically possible.
HOW CAN YOU EXERCISE YOUR RIGHTS?
You can exercise all these rights by writing to [email protected]ve.com or by post to Personal Data – Bluenove 112 Ter Rue Cardinet 75017 Paris.
If after having contacted us, you believe that your rights have not been respected, you can directly lodge a complaint with the National Commission of Information Technology and Civil Liberties (CNIL) https://www.cnil.fr/fr.
We may be occasionally required to modify this confidentiality policy. We advise you to consult this page regularly to become aware of any eventual modifications or updates to our confidentiality policy.
Enjoy browsing our website!